Sunday, February 22, 2009

Soccer Updates

Manchester United 2 - 1 Blackburn Rovers
I watched this match and the man u defense was a little unstable at times, leading to the chances blackburn had. I feel that it was a fine performance from the blackburn side, but we deserved this win. I was quite sad to see a goal conceded as it had been some 14 league games since it last happened, in the arsenal game which i watched too. The first goal from Rooney was a warning to all opponents that he is back, and is as alert and quick as ever. Santa Cruz showed cool and composure with his goal which upon replay, is a very good goal to me indeed. Another blackburn moment which got me to the edge of my seat was the shot that struck the woodwork from Nelson and the follow-up. And of course the moment when Pederson feel down in the pen area. Other than that, the chances created by man u were plenty and the conversion of a free kick by C.Ronaldo was very impressive. I am sure all man u fans are looking fwd to seeing more of this kind of goals from the europe and world player of the year.

Aston Villa 0 - 1 Chelsea
I watched this game as well, and as always, i sided the team playing against Chelsea (since my brother supports Chelsea and he too always supports the team playing against man u LOL.) However, I have to say that the Blues played much better than they have done in previous games. the only goal of the match, was absolute brilliance from Lampard and Anelka. Besides the Ashley Young free kick, Aston Villa did not really look to put the ball past Cech even though they had some good chances and attacks in the second half.

Arsenal 0 - 0 Sunderland
I took a look at the highlights of this game. And sometimes Sunderland even looked more dangerous than Arsenal. Fulop put up quite a few good saves and the only plus point for arsenal is that their latest signing from ZSP performed well on his debut.
( I always thought that Arsenal players had a certain face/look and arshavin fits in to the Arsenal look perfectly! )

Saw the news that Barca lost to Espanyol. haha. quite a shock and i definitely pray that this kinda upsets will not happen to the English champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment