Friday, July 10, 2009

Last Day

Today is my last day at work, and although it will give me a short break before sch starts, i dun really have an overwhelming sense of happiness or relief.

Probably because my work is rather easy and relaxing, compared to many other others. HAHA. seldom do i feel stressed because of work and i had been given much flexibility in managing my own time as well. the tasks i perform are not complicated as well, and the more tedious ones are either once a week issues or free and easy for me to carry out over my own schedule.

This is perhaps misleading me as well, because in this company and in this office, i have not experienced wat an office would most likely be like in my future work place. People here are friendly and warm, backstabbing and office politics are of a minimum. there are times in which i sense some politics and unhappiness going on though, but its qt mild i guess.

Having spent five months here, all i have been doing is mostly mundane tasks repeated over and over again. only the application Mozilla Firefox (LOL) and my colleagues keep me entertained! haha. my department is quite a well-knit dept. some of them have been working tgt for like 10 years and thus know each other very well alr. it is comforting to see friends being made and i hope that by the age of say 40, i would have had a handful of such friends. of cos its hard to maintain, which increases the value of this friendship forged.

In addition, there is a soft spot in me for scenes of separation, graduation, departures and all these. I dun like to leave some place. For example, i would feel down when i step down from my CCA, graduate from school, or even ORD. i felt sad to leave because i love familiar places, familiar faces and familiar events. It is a pity to leave some place and i always feel warm when i revisit the place again. it just brings back memories. i doubt there is a place which i have went to before and now hate to return. Happy or sad experience, it will still stay in my heart. i will relate every place to a feeling and i will be glad to re-experience the feeling again.

The only negative point of this employment would be that i have not really picked up a new skill, or learnt something. army taught me much more even. the major plus point i had was that i faced friendly, vocal and outgoing ppl who are able to express themselves adequately in english with ease, and are willing to voice out. this is one area which i will try to emulate from now on, to be able to speak with ease to ppl, esp strangers. without too much fear of the situation turning awkward. =D

And, this morning, i left the house a little late and thus i ZHI BEN-ed to the pick up point. i think i walked too fast and exerted pressure on my ankle in the wrong way and somehow pulled a tendon or something in it. damn sian now cannot walk properly. Seriously, why must it happen on the last day of work HAHA. so lame. hmm.. just hope it is a small issue and i can still enjoy my genting trip two days later? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment