Friday, June 12, 2009

My intent(ion) of buying a laptop.

i din really wanna blog today cos once again, somehow, friday was a busy busy day for me! as compared to the four other work days. hahaha. however, i realised that if i dun blog about this today i might not get to do so alr, cos im 90% sure im going to buy a laptop tmr at the PC SHOW =)

First of all thank you ben for correcting my "mistake". i have an intent(ion) to buy a laptop.

I'm pretty excited over getting a new laptop. I regard it as partially a necessity, because:
- I'm sharing a com with my brother and its frustrating I dun get to use the com when i want to.
- Since I'm sharing, it will be hard to maintain this relationship as the workload for the both of us will be on the rise.
- Owning my own personal com will allow me to be more active for eg on MSN and organise my stuff better.
- I need a better com to work better for uni.
- If necessary, i can bring it to campus and work / study / surf the net.
- It is time to reward myself before hectic lifestyle re-begins again.

I was aiming to buy one at this PC show since some time ago, and im quite sure I would buy it tmr. at least thats my goal. lol. the other option would be to wait till the NUS deals are available. the plus point of that would be that the office and adobe stuff will be included, along with other gimics like perhaps mouse and stuff. However, there are limited options available and there is no HP/Compaq deal, this brand being one of my prefered choices.

After a bit of research, i am quite biased for either the compaq CQ-40 or the HP Pavillion dv4.





This HP deal is kind of the most prominent and eye-catching deal HP offers. i think the last it fair they had this offer as well. from S$1899, it is cut to S$1299 and it is one of my options. I have to take a look at it "live" and feel it before i can tell, cos ben, who has been there on thursday alr, defamed it. LOL.




Compaq looks like another good option as it is more budget, which is my lu xian. ranges from 999 to abt 1.5k, which is very reasonable and value-for-money. haha. the keyboard looks better to type with, and of cos, again, the hands-on im getting tmr will be the key factor to deciding which one im gonna choose.

Looking through many review/ reports, i also have this urge to ZA on a netbook. haha. cos it is cool and it is the new trend! ok not so new but its still HONG now. =) definitely not going to buy it tmr but maybe in the near future i can go for one, can let my dad use when im not using, or my siblings. and since it's so light it could be a good addition to bring along on a day out. maybe through NUS? who knows. haha. i think the HP mini is damn chio la. (of cos sony is the chio-est but my pocket isnt so deep yet) last time when it just came out in 2008 i was alr quite tempted LOL. Dell's minis are qt cool too! hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment