Monday, May 25, 2009

Toe Woes.

I have been suffering quite badly from my toe woes recently. i rmbr i had this problem in jc once, but i didnt seem THAT bad, and it wasnt THAT bad. there were frequent blood stains on my socks but it was under control. i could even play bball then.

and i wonder why. having gone through numerous vest slack runs, SOCs, route marches, parades and other vigorous, physically-draining activities in army, there were no such problems faced. from bmt to sispec to eti to 30 sce to crescendo, my toe had been all right. only in the second year of my service, nearing AHM did i have this problem emerging serious enough for my concern. and after running and training for it for weeks, confident and satisfied to go for it, i had to miss running AHM due to my ingrown toenail (MO gave me excuse footwear) it took quite some time, in the end.

And into February came my worst nightmare (by far w.r.t. toe problems) when ingrown toenail eventually occured on both of my big toes. zzz. and it lasted all the way, until NOW. i believe it was due to my loose boots that i wear to work everyday that caused constant impact and thus damage to my toe.

I refused to visit the doctor, for i didnt really want the doc to cut my nail out. hmm. and so i waited and waited and waited and waited. there were no real signs of recovering until last week, when the pain subsided gradually.

Thus, on saturday, i decided to perform a mini operation on both of my toes. using a nail file and a nail clipper, i slowly, carefully, and with experience dug out part of my nail and cut it off. phew! it was painful, but i could contain that lvl of pain. and afterwards, it felt reaaaal good! haha. haven been able to walk properly for two months, and i felt relieved and relaxed after my "op".

one thing, that didnt go too well was that i forgot the need to disinfect my "tools".

one more thing, that totally gone bad was that after i cut out my nail from the inner side of my big toe, i went on to do the same for the outer side and guess what.

Yeah, its causing me pain now. DOTS. zzzzz.

Looks like my toe woes arent gonna end that soon. i was still expecting myself to be fit for a run this week.

looks like not. hais.

No comments:

Post a Comment